Saturday, January 14, 2017

Ashley "AK-47" Nichols defeats Ashley Leterneau

 

On Friday January, 13 at TKO Major League MMA 37: Rivals, in Montreal, Quebec, Canada at Tohu.

 Ashley "AK-47" Nichols (1-1-0) defeated Ashley Letourneau (0-1-0) by TKO at 1:47 of the first round in their 115-pound professional MMA match.

 She is a 5'7 thirty year old fighter who is originally from Chippewa, Ontario, Canada and now training out of Ottawa Academy of Martial Arts in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada with Team Renzo Gracie Ottawa.

Her only other MMA fight was a loss back in 2013 to now UFC fighter Randa Markos.

Ashley is a professional Muay Thai World Champion with a record of (12-3-0) She also holds a (1-0-0) boxing record.

Here is a quote Ashley gave to Awakening:
" I first started training boxing when I was 15, it would have been 2002. My mom encouraged me to get involved with it to help because I was getting into bit of trouble back then and needed a focus, discipline, and a change of lifestyle. And now, combat sports such as boxing, kickboxing, Muay Thai and BJJ was most definitely the change I needed. And seeing the women succeed in these sports; was the spark I needed to help inspire what is now my passion. I love to train everyday!”

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the shout out - quick correction, Originally out of Cambridge Ontario, MAS Academy and now out of Ottawa Academy of Martial Arts Ottawa Ontario, Team Renzo Gracie Ottawa.

    ReplyDelete